Key Laboratory of Intelligent Information Processing
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Ping Luo is currently an associate professor in the Institute of Computing Technology, CAS. Before that, he was a Senior Research Scientist and Research Manager in the Hewlett-Packard Labs, China. He received his Ph.D. from Institute of Technology, CAS.
Dr. Luo’s general area of research is data mining and machine learning, with a focus on knowledge discovery from richly formatted documents.
- PDFlux: table extraction and document structure recognition from richly formatted documents
- AutoDoc: automatic cross-checking for financial disclosure documents
- AI Fundamental at UCAS (2015 - now)
- ACM CIKM Best Student Paper Award (2012)
- ACM CIKM Best Paper Candidate Award (2010)
- SDM Best Paper Candidate Award (2010)
- Doctoral Dissertation Award, China Computer Federation (2009)